- What Is Happy Everything!™?
Sara Kate On: Curing the Winter Blues
Mon, February 9, 2015
Each year, right around early February, I start dreaming of warm weather and sunshine. The holidays have passed, and so has my desire for shorter days, crock pot dinners and sweater weather. Don’t get me wrong. Those things are great, but I am ready for spring. I know I’m not the only one ready for fresh blooms and beach days, so I thought I would share a few simple things that get me through these last few weeks of winter.
1. I LOVE to paint. There is something about sitting with a paintbrush and a blank canvas that is extremely therapeutic. It’s always around this time of year that I start painting florals and placing them around my house. It’s hard to think about how dreadfully cold it is when you’re painting a bright, blooming magnolia.
2. I pour myself an ice cold gin and tonic. Sure it’s cold outside, but sipping those refreshing bubbles with a twist of lime while reading my summer read in the winter, and I am in my happy, sunny place. Recipe HERE.
3. Who says “summer reads” are only for summer? A good summer read is the perfect tool to warm up my winter. Tigers in Red Weather is one of my favorites.
5. A colorful basket full of all things citrus adds the perfect splash of happy (and a clean and fresh scent!) to my kitchen.
6. I LOVE Voluspa candles. Their scents are divine and they come in the cutest colorful tin. Lighting one of these candles adds the perfect spark of spring.
I would love to hear your tricks for beating the winter blues!
- Sara Kate
Sara Kate Johnson, Graphic Designer and daughter of Coton Colors founding Artist, Laura Johnson. Sara blogs about her creative influences and everyday inspirations.