- What Is Happy Everything!™?
Laura on: Thanksgiving Part Two
Fri, October 2, 2015
As promised in yesterday’s post, today is for sharing. I love playing music throughout the house for celebration prep, mid celebration and even clean up. It sets the mood just so. I create my celebration playlists using Spotify, and I just finished picking my Thanksgiving tunes that you too, can listen to here. And if you have any go-to dinner party tunes, I’d love to hear them! I’m always looking to add new songs to my library.
I also promised you a Thanksgiving recipe that makes an appearance every year at my house - cornbread stuffing with a twist!
Ingredients you’ll need:
1/2 cup butter
3 cups diced celery
2 cups diced sweet onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh sage
3 cups cornbread pieces (you can find more cornbread recipe here)
3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
7 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add celery and onions, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are tender.
4. Add sage, and sauté 1 minute.
5. Stir together cornbread, breadcrumbs, cherries and cranberries in a large bowl.
6. Stir in eggs, chicken broth, and celery mixture and stir until blended.
7. Divide cornbread mixture between 1 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish and 1 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
8. Bake at 400° for 45 to 55 minutes or until set and golden brown.
I’d love to hear your favorite stuffing recipes!